Three police officers from the Moscow region, charged with battery of a native of Tadjikistan, which resulted in his death, have faced the trial


15 January 2016

On 19 January 2015 the Solnechnogorsky District Court of the Moscow region will begin examining the criminal case against three investigative officers of the Police Department of the Solnechnogorsky District Stanislav Deikun, Andrey Chernyshev and Vladimir Gordeyev. They are charged with crimes under part 4 Article 111 of the Criminal Code of Russia («inflicting grave bodily harm leading to the death by negligence») and items «а, b, c» of part 3 Article 286 of the Criminal Code of Russia («abuse of office using violence, weapons or special equipment, which inflicted grave consequences»). A brother of the deceased applied for support to lawyers of the Committee for Prevention of Torture, and they will be representing his interests in court.

(Two out of the three defendants: Stanislav Deikun, source of photo: and Vladimir Gordeyev, source of photo:

As we have previously reported, on 26 September a Moscow-area resident Ilkhom Alikhonov applied to the Committee Against Torture for legal support. He told the human rights defenders that in the evening of 17 September when he returned home his brother Farrukh Urozov was asleep. In ten minutes time several Patrol-and-Guard Service officers entered the house together with the brothers’ neighbor.
According to Ilkhom, having applied physical violence, the police officers woke up his brother, handcuffed him and took him to the police department. As Ilkhom learned later, Farrukh was detained upon suspicion of using violence against six-year-old daughter of their neighbor.

(In the middle – Farukh Urozov, photo made by Makhmudchon Rakhmatov)

Ilkhom explained that after a while police officers came up to his house again and this time they took him together with his mate Firdavs Sattatov to the same police department. There Alikhonov heard the loud cries of his brother, who was in one of the rooms. For some time he even managed to see Farrukh through a cracked door: the brother was sitting on the floor with hands tied, a lot of bruises and scratches were clearly seen on his face, there was blood on the floor.
Early in the morning of 18 September Ilkhom and Firdavs were released from the police department. Several hours later they learned that Farrukh Urozov died in the police department. According to the forensic medical examination Urozov’s body and limbs were hit over 75 times. In the course of the battery 13 ribs were broken. Farrukh died of multiple traumas and strangulation.
Criminal case with regard to the fact of Urozov’s death was immediately initiated; one of the police officers was detained and arrested. In the course of investigation the involvement of two other Criminal Investigations Department officers in Urozov’s death was established: later on they were also arrested and taken into custody.

Lawyer of the Committee for Prevention of Torture Sergey Babinets, representing the interests of Ilkhom Alikhonov, a brother of the deceased, who was declared the affected party in this case: «We are satisfied with a good quality of work which the investigators of the Chief Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation for the Moscow region performed. We think they have collected   a substantial evidential basis proving the guilt of all the defendants. We hope that, having thoroughly examined all the circumstances, the court will pass a fair and motivated ruling».

Подтвердите, что вам есть 18 лет