Thanks to the Committee Against Torture members, in 2019:
– 281 applications from citizens on tortures and brutal treatment applied against them were checked;
– 14 criminal cases related to human rights violations were initiated;
– 3 criminal cases related to human rights violations were submitted to court;
– 6 law-enforcement officers were convicted for crimes related to human rights violations;
– 11 applications were submitted to the European Court of Human Rights;
– 6 applications were won at the European Court of Human Rights;
– fourteen and a half million rubles of compensation to the victims of illegal actions of the state representatives;
– 114 rulings of the Investigative Committee were declared illegal and quashed;
– 64 torture victims and their relatives underwent a medical rehabilitation and treatment for a total sum of about three million rubles.
For the reporting period, thanks to non-indifferent citizens of Russia:
– “The Committee Against Torture” Charity Foundation collected one and a half million rubles for victims of the crimes of officials.
Year 2019. The Committee Against Torture in figures.
Everything about the activity of our organization and the latest news – at our website https://www.pytkam.net/en