Is the former Head of the Criminal Investigations Department of the Solnechnogorsk police involved in the death of the detained?


10 June 2016

Today, on 10 June 2016, lawyers of the Committee for Prevention of Torture submitted a complaint to Head of the Chief Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the RF for the Moscow region Andrey Markov: human rights defenders insist on performing additional check of the possible involvement of former Head of the criminal investigation department of the Ministry of Interior of Russia for the Solnechnogorsky District Vitaliy Myasoyedov in the death of Farrukh Urozov in the police department in September 2014.

(Vitaliy Myasoyedov, source of photo:

As we have previously reported, on 26 September a Moscow-area resident Ilkhom Alikhonov applied to the Committee Against Torture for legal support. He told the human rights defenders that in the evening of 17 September when he returned home; his brother Farrukh Urozov was asleep. In ten minutes time several Patrol-and-Guard Service officers entered his home together with the brothers’ neighbor.

According to Ilkhom, having applied physical violence, the police officers woke up his brother, handcuffed him and took him to the police department. As Ilkhom learned later, Farrukh was detained upon suspicion of using violence against six-year-old daughter of their neighbor.

Ilkhom explained that after a while police officers came up to his house again and this time they took him together with his mate Firdavs Sattorov to the same police department. There Alikhonov heard the loud cries of his brother, who was in one of the office rooms. For some time he even managed to see Farrukh through a cracked door: the brother was sitting on the floor with hands tied, a lot of bruises and scratches were clearly seen on his face, there was blood on the floor.

Early in the morning of 18 September Ilkhom and Firdavs were released from the police department. Several hours later they learned that Farrukh Urozov died.

According to the forensic medical examination Urozov’s body and limbs were hit over 75 times. In the course of the battery 12 ribs were broken. Mr Urozov died of multiple traumas and strangulation.

Criminal case with regard to the fact of Urozov’s death was immediately initiated; one of the police officers was detained and arrested. In the course of investigation the involvement of two other Criminal Investigations Department officers in Urozov’s death was established: later on they were also arrested and put into the pre-trial detention facility.

On 19 January 2015 the Solnechnogorskiy City Court of the Moscow region started examination of the criminal case against three investigative officers of the Police Department of the Solnechnogorsky District Stanislav Deikun, Andrey Chernyshev and Vladimir Gordeyev. They are charged with crimes under part 4 Article 111 of the Criminal Code of Russia («inflicting grave bodily harm leading to the death by negligence») and items «а, b, c» of part 3 Article 286 of the Criminal Code of Russia («abuse of office using violence, weapons or special equipment, which inflicted grave consequences»).

In the framework of the investigation the materials with regards to Head of the Criminal Investigations Department Vitaliy Myasoyedov were severed. According to the results of the check in relation to him a refusal to initiate criminal proceedings was issued. This decision became known to victim Alikhonov and his representatives not immediately but only upon completion of the pre-trial investigation.  

Human rights defenders also found out that Major of Police Vitaliy Myasoyedov was fired based on Order of the Chief Directorate of the Ministry of Interior of RF for the Moscow region dated 3 October 2014 «due to repeated violation of service discipline».

«We closely studied the materials of the check in relation to Vitaliy Myasoyedov and came to the conclusion that it was conducted very inefficiently. According to the witnesses’ testimony, Myasoyedov several times entered the office room where Urozov was located. Myasoyedov could observe what was going on in the room, he could supervise the actions of his subordinates, he could himself take part in that – however, none of these options were checked by the investigator, – lawyer of the Committee for Prevention of Torture, a representative of victim Ilkhom Alikhonov, Sergey Babinets emphasizes. – In relation with this today we submitted a complaint to the Investigative Committee asking to quash the refusal to initiate criminal proceedings against Myasoyedov and assign an additional check, in the course of which all the available facts shall be examined comprehensively».

Подтвердите, что вам есть 18 лет