Here is the report on main results of the activity of the interregional non-governmental organization “The Committee Against Torture” for 2018.
Thanks to our members, the following work was conducted for the reporting period:
– check on 147 applications of citizens was performed with regard to tortures and brutal treatment applied to them;
– 15 criminal cases were initiated for crimes related to human rights violations;
–5 criminal cases, related to human rights violations, were submitted to court;
– 4 law-enforcement officers were convicted for crimes related to human rights violations;
– over five and a half million rubles of compensations to victims of illegal actions of state representatives was awarded;
– 14 complaints were submitted to the European Court of Human Rights;
– 46 rulings of the Investigative Committee were declared illegal and quashed;
– 125 torture victims and their relatives underwent medical rehabilitation for total sum of about two million rubles.