The Committee Against Torture will help the Krasnodar journalist who complained of a police battery


10 February 2022

CBS Media correspondent Vladislav Kramskoy applied to the Krasnodar branch of the Committee Against Torture. He told human rights defenders that in January of this year the police officers beat him up after he asked them to introduce themselves and to show their IDs. The Committee Against Torture started public investigation based on Kramskoy application.

According to Vladislav, in the evening of 20 January he was waiting for the bus at a bus stop in the Severny settlement of the city of Krasnodar, when three police officers came to him, and demanded that he showed them his passport.
Kramskoy took out the document and asked the police officers to introduce themselves and to show their IDs. They refused and continued demanding the passport from Kramskoy. 

After that, one of the police officers seized Vladislav by the neck and started to choke him. At the same time, the other police officer hit the Kramskoy’s face about five times with a fist and a palm, the applicant recalled. Then, Vladislav heard the words “give him an “insurance” shot, after that third police officer came up to him and hit him against the knee. Vladislav informed that one of the police officers was threatening him with a machine gun.

Then Vladislav was taken to the police department of the Prikubansky District and drew up a protocol on resisting the police officers (part 1 of Article 19.3 of the Administrative Offences Code of the Russian Federation). The apprehended spent a night in the cell, and on the next day he was taken to the Prikubansky Court of Krasnodar where he informed that he was beaten up. The meeting was rescheduled, and during the next one the court fined him for two thousand rubles. Kramskoy asked to reschedule this meeting as well due to his bad state of health, having provided medical documents, but as a result, the court hearing was held without him. Later on, the Committee Against Torture appealed against the fine. 

On the next day after the apprehension, Vladislav applied to a hospital, were he was registered with a swollen cheek, fractures and chippage of several teeth and a hematoma of the upper lip. A day later, at the same hospital he was diagnosed with a blunt trauma of a throat and a distortion of the cervical vertebrae.

Soon, Vladislav applied to the Investigative Department for the Prikubansky District with a report on a police crime. The investigators questioned him and assigned a medical forensic examination. The decision on opening the criminal case has not yet been taken.

Подтвердите, что вам есть 18 лет