The Investigative Committee opened a criminal case against two police officers from the Krasnodar region. According to the investigators, they beat an arrested man with a metal chair.


20 September 2023


The criminal case was opened by the Slavyanskiy Interdistrict Investigative Department of the regional Investigative Committee against a local police officer named Evgeniy Samonov and a criminal unit officer named Ivan Tatsenko under the article on excess of authority (Part 3 of Article 286 of the Criminal Code).

According to the official investigation, these policemen ill-treated the CAT’s applicant, Fyodor Valko, to force him to confess to the theft. In particular, as stated in the decision to open a criminal case, the officers inflicted at least ten blows with their hands, feet and a metal chair on Mr. Valko’s body.

One should recall that Fedor, when applied to the CAT lawyers, indicated that in August at the plant where he works as a guard, a part of the conveyor belt disappeared. The management suspected Mr. Valko and his partner of the theft. The policemen Samonov and Tatsenko took Fyodor away from his house and brought him to the police station situated in the village of Novomyshastovskaya. As Mr. Valko recalls, at the station, he was strangled, punched and kicked in the areas of head and body.

«Being in pain, I fell off the chair to the floor, the blows continued. I lost consciousness, and when I woke up, they continued to beat me. The major took the chair I used to sit on by its legs and hit me twice with a metal frame in the back area.»

In the evening, the police took Fyodor to the Krasnoarmeyskaya district hospital. Mr. Valko lied to the doctors that he had received the injuries at home, as he was afraid of the revenge of the police. Consequently, Fyodor was returned to the police station, being placed in a cell for administrative detainees. In the morning, he was taken to the Krasnoarmeyskiy District Court of the Krasnodar region. During the hearings, Mr. Valko pleaded guilty to disobedience to police officers and was fined a thousand rubles; soon after, he was released.

Immediately after the release, Fyodor went to the hospital. The doctors diagnosed Fyodor with numerous abrasions, bruises, hemorrhage in the eye and a closed fracture of the processes of three vertebrae. The man’s condition worsened, he was hospitalized, being diagnosed with a closed craniocerebral injury. Fyodor underwent examination and treatment for ten days. Subsequently, he has been on sick leave for more than a month and is currently recovering from a vertebral fracture; he wears a special corset and faces a long rehabilitation. A forensic medical examination classified the harm to his health as moderate.

Подтвердите, что вам есть 18 лет